Our client is looking to slow down a little bit from his busy schedule, and was intending to divest its profitable Medical Imaging Center, but for the right buyer, he may sell part or all of the practice as well, so long as he can work for a few years and his staff is retained. The imaging center grossed $1.2 Million in 2019 with $362K in EBITDA. (The revenue declined drastically in 2020 due to COVID-19, and was at $431K with an EBITDA of $100K).
He is also open to selling the practice which generates about $4.5M in revenue to the right buyer.
The description below is for Imaging Center but for the right buyer, the seller can provide more details on the practice.
The Center was established over 20 years ago and moved to its modern new location three years ago. This was the first imaging center in that locality. The center is currently part of a medical practice that provides rehabilitation and pain management treatment that includes traditional and holistic methods. The medical practice has three locations.
The Center is accredited by ACR (American College of Radiology) and accepts all major and quite a few smaller insurances. This center is truly cosmopolitan in its patient population and in its medical staff and serves the captive patient population from the practice. This modern facility has high field (1.5T) MRI and 16-slice CT machine, Ultrasound, X-ray and DEXA, and has room for additional modalities if needed.
The physician has decided to slow down from his busy professional activities and wants to carve out this center. However, he will continue to send his patients to the Center. Since the Center is part of the same entity where the physician’s practice is, this would have to be an asset sale (unless the buyer wants to buy the whole corporation with the practices), and the ideal buyer would be one that has a presence in this state and can absorb this under its own corporate structure and payor contracts. The Center will continue to receive patients from the practice.
- Great location in under-served Community
- Profitable, no debt, all equipment fully paid for
- Modern building, corner location, in a busy area with a lot of foot traffic
- Most common modalities offered, room to add more
- Captive business from the seller’s medical offices – one in the same building
- As an IDTF Center, can immediately increase revenue and profits by accepting other patients
- There is no other free-standing Center in South of this center within the geographic area
- Gross Revenue (2019): $1.2M; $431K (2020) – impacted due to COVID as the center was closed for 3 months and later opened just 1 day a week to cut costs
- EBITDA: 362K (2019); $100K (2020)
- Asking Price: $550K (debt free)
If also Buying Practice
Revenue of the practice at the Imaging Center Location: $1.6 M; Revenue of all three locations: $4.5 M. If there is an interest in buying the practice, will provide more info.
We Can Help You Implement Your Strategy
Are you looking to find a suitable business or looking to find strategic partners? We can find customized solutions that will help you in implementing your strategies. Contact us today.